Designed For Joy Volunteer Guidelines
As a volunteer you will be working side by side with our artisans. We encourage you to build relationships with the artisans around these guidelines.
- Keeping our artisans' identities confidential is very important to us. Please no pictures of the artisans.
- To support our mission partners, please do not pursue relationships with artisans outside of DFJ. If you would like to give a gift to an artisan please talk with DFJ leadership.
- Please share your experience with DFJ on social media and with friends (keeping artisans’ identities off of social media)
- We are creating a professional work environment. Please be on time for your volunteer shift and limit phone use.
- Dress modestly and appropriately for the position you are filling.
- No tank tops, sleeveless shirts or shorts
- No strong fragrances (lotions, perfumes, smoke, pets, etc)
- Lunch is provided on Mondays for artisans and volunteers. If you would like to volunteer to provide a lunch please let us know.
- Feel free to lovingly offer sound advice and biblical truths in your conversations with the artisans. Sometimes a listening ear is more encouraging than any advice we can give.
- When volunteering at the studio, please park in the farthest point of the parking lot to give visitors close parking.