Designed For Joy Volunteer Liability Waiver
- I, on behalf of myself and my decedent estate, executors trustees, heirs, and all other agents, (collectively, the "Volunteer") hereby covenant not to sue, release, and forever discharge, Designed for Joy ("DFJ") and its predecessors, successors, assigns, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, holding companies, divisions, unincorporated business units, joint venturers, partners, insurers, officers, directors, trustees, elders, volunteers, shareholders, members, managers, employees, agents, servants, representatives (including legal representatives and attorneys), officials, associates, trustees, heirs, agents, employees, and third-parties involved and/or associated with any DFJ workshop or volunteer opportunity ("Volunteering") from any and all actions, causes of action, claims, demands, liabilities, expenses, court costs, interest, attorney fees, and damages of any kind whatsoever, whether known or unknown, of any kind or character which the Participant had, now have, or may have in the future, on account of, arising out of, or related to any Volunteering including, but explicitly not limited to, the Hazards, as defined below, and negligence in the DJF Parties' duties as leaders or otherwise on with respect to Volunteering.
- The Volunteer fully understands and acknowledges that Volunteering includes certain hazards, and that such hazards may occurduring Volunteering, as a result of Volunteering, and/or related to Volunteering. The Volunteer hereby assume the risks of these hazards which include, but are explicitly not limited to, hazardous traffic and/or poor roads; food and/or allergies; military and/orpolitical problems, hurricanes, tornados, and/or other storms; sickness (including, but explicitly not limited to, the novel coronavirus COVID-19), injury, disease, and/or death; and other Acts of God (the "Hazards").
- In the event that the Volunteer makes and/or attempts to make a claim against any of the DJF Parties in violation of this Volunteer Waiver, the Volunteer hereby agrees to, and shall pay, all reasonable legal fees and all costs incurred by any and all of the DFJParties as a result of such claim and/or attempted claim.
- In the event that it should become necessary, whether in an emergency or otherwise, the Volunteer hereby authorizes the DFJParties to make medical decisions on the Volunteer's behalf and arrange for any and all medical and/or medical-related treatment including, but not limited to, x-ray examinations, anesthesia, dental, medical, surgical, and/or treatment and/or hospital care (the "Medical Treatment") for the Volunteer and/or on the Volunteer's behalf. In such event, the Volunteer assumes full responsibility for, and agrees to pay for all costs, charges, fees, expenses, (including travel expenses) and/or emergency expenses (the "Medical Expenses"), incurred during or in the future, on account of, arising out of, or related to the Volunteering.
- In the event the Volunteer fails and/or refuses to pay any of the Medical Expenses; any of the DFS Parties pay any such Medical Expenses for and/or on behalf of the Volunteer; and the Volunteer fails and/or refuses to repay such DFS Parties for the payment of such Medical Expenses, then such DFS Parties shall have a claim against the Volunteer and may assert such claim in any legal proceeding for the full amount of such Medical Expenses paid, together with interest at the rate of 1.5% per month from the date of such payment, reasonable attorney fees, and costs, less a credit for any portion of the Medical Expenses paid which cleared the maker's bank.